The Lord wants us to prosper in every area of our lives, including our finances. He has given us a number of promises to reveal this exciting truth to us.
- Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go. (Isa 48:17)
- Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant. (Ps 35:27)
- God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity . . . (Ps 68:6)
- Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits [blessings], the God of our salvation! (Ps 68:19 Definition added)
- A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children, but the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous. (Pro 13:22)
When we serve the Lord and His Kingdom, by using our gifts, our talents, and our resources to help others, He notices! The Lord loves us, and He enjoys it when we help others with whatever resources we have available. We can cook for someone recuperating from surgery; we can clean and organize a home to help a friend; we can do lawn care for the elderly; we can give financially to missionaries and to our church; etc.; etc. There are many ways to give.
God notices our generosity. He sees our hearts and our willingness to help others. He knows our motives, and He loves to bless us. The Bible teaches us that as we give to others, the Lord—in turn—gives back to us abundantly!
- Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house, and try Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it.” (Mal 3:10)
- The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will also be watered himself. (Pro 11:25)
- He who has a generous eye will be blessed, for he gives of his bread to the poor. (Pro 22:9)
- But a generous man devises generous things, and by generosity he shall stand. (Isa 32:8)
That last verse says that by our generosity, we shall stand! That’s an awesome concept worthy of meditation. May God pour out His loving and generous blessings upon you, today, in Jesus’ glorious Name.