The Scriptures are very clear about this topic, and we can’t be ignorant of this truth of the Gospel of Christ. Remember, God never changes!
Here are some Scriptures to consider.
- For I amthe Lord who heals you. (Ex 15:26)
- Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble, and He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. (Ps 107:19-20)
- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health [healing, medicine] to all their flesh. (Pro 4:20-22 KJV)
- Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed. (Is 53:4-5)
- The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound . . . (Is 61:1, emphasis added)
- That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. (Mt 8:17 – emphasis added)
- Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. (Mt 9:35 – emphases added)
- And the whole multitude sought to touch Him, for power went out from Him and healed them all. (Lk 6:19)
- So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere. (Lk 9:6 – emphasis added)
- And Peter said to him, “Aeneas, Jesus the Christ heals you. Arise and make your bed.” Then he arose immediately. (Acts 9:34)
- . . . how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. (Acts 10:38 – emphasis added)
- Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (Jas 5:14-16 – emphasis added)
- Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (1 Pet 2:24 KJV – emphasis added) Notice that this verse says “were,” meaning that it has already been accomplished.
Meditate upon these verses and ask God to reveal Himself and His truth to you.
Please see our next post for the completion of this article. Blessings upon you!