He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation. (Ps 91:15-16)
This verse is a word picture, to my mind, of Jesus’ relationship with every believer who pursues Him and values their salvation. Here is the image this passage paints to me:
- Jesus and I are in a dynamic relationship with each other. Glory to God!
- I call upon Him in prayer, and He answers my every prayer and meets my need. Hallelujah!
- Jesus is with me when I am in trouble, and He shows me the way to escape the trouble—which I do, because I obey Him.
- Jesus honors me by hearing and answering my prayers, and by valuing my relationship with Him. He demonstrates the fact that He values our relationship by fulfilling His own Word to me.
- Jesus has given me long life—not only on this earth—but also in the fact that I will live eternally with Him.
- He has proven and validated His salvation to me. He has done that by: (a) answering my prayers; (b) meeting my needs—in every area: healing, finances, relationships, life’s complications; (c) always being with me; (d) upholding and sustaining my life; (e) giving me wisdom and revelations; (f) always loving me; and by (g) allowing me to be filled with His glory.
What God has done for me, He has also done for you! Take inventory of how blessed you are, and rejoice, dear one.