There are a number of ways to worship God! Here are several mentioned in the Bible:
- Bow low and worship God (Genesis 24:26, 48; 47:31; Exodus 4:31; 12:27; 34:8; Judges 7:15)
- Arise and worship (Exodus 33:10)
- Arise early in the morning and worship (1 Samuel 1:19)
- Go to the house of the Lord and worship (2 Samuel 12:20; 2 Chron. 29:20)
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His Name. Worship the Lord in holy array. (1 Chronicles 16:29; Psalm 29:2; 96:9) Ascribe means to credit someone with something they deserve; to give recognition, acknowledgment, tribute, or acclaim. Glory means splendor, beauty, wonder, brilliance, fame, praise, success, or magnificence. So this verse instructs us to give the Lord recognition and acclaim because He deserves to receive it due to His splendor, beauty, brilliance, and wonderful attributes. We’re to offer our worship to the Lord in beautiful and holy clothing and finery!
- Bow down with your face to the ground and worship (2 Chronicles 7:3; 20:18; Nehemiah 8:6)
- Worship and give praise to the Lord saying, “Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting.” (2 Chronicles 7:3) Worship is essentially acknowledging all of God’s beautiful qualities and personality traits! When we acknowledge God’s righteousness, power, and holiness, and marvel in His presence—that is worship!