(This is a continuation of my most recently posted blog article on how to worship the Lord.) Here are additional ways to worship God:
- Worship God in the assembly while the singers sing and the musicians play their instruments (2 Chronicles 29:28)
- Sing praises to God with joy and bow down and worship Him. (2 Chronicles 29:30) Joy is an essential component of worship! Bowing down in worship is a sign of humbling ourselves before the Lord, out of respect and reverence.
- Worship the Lord with reverence and rejoice with trembling. (Psalm 2:11 NKJV) Worship includes reverence (respect, admiration, awe, and astonishment) as well as celebration, cheer, and joy with trembling. The trembling is an outward manifestation of the reverence of the worshipper.
- Worship the Lord and glorify His Name. (Psalm 86:9) Glorify means to adore, exalt, elevate, praise, or venerate. When we elevate and exalt the Name of Jesus, we are partaking in worship.
- Worship at Jesus’ feet (Matthew 28:9)
- True worshippers worship the Father in spirit and in truth (John 4:23)
- God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24 NKJV)
- Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. (Romans 12:1 NKJV) Offering your entire life for service and all that you do to the Lord as an offering is worship!
Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy; For ALL THE NATIONS WILL COME AND WORSHIP BEFORE YOU, FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED. (Rev 15:4 NKJV)