We are continuing with our topic from the last article.
Here are various Bible passages that tell us what we need to do in order to go to heaven when our physical body dies.
- Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. (Mt 10:32) Jesus is speaking in this verse.
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (Joh 3:16)
- And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day. (Joh 6:40)
- And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. (Joh 10:28) Jesus is speaking here.
- But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Rom 5:8)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lor (Rom 6:23)
- . . . that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. (2 Cor 5:19)
- For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Cor 5:21)
- In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 Joh 4:9-10)
In order to enter into heaven, all of these Scriptures point us to the person of Jesus Christ. Once we believe the truth of these verses and accept Jesus as our own, personal Savior and Redeemer, we are born again or “born anew.” In fact, we become a new creation in Christ Jesus. (2 Cor 5:17; Eph 2:10; Rom 6:3-4)
Once we’ve accepted Christ as our Savior, we’re qualified to enter into heaven. We also become eligible to receiving the benefit of every promise of blessing that is shown in the Bible! Knowing that this is true prepares each one of us to lead lives of significance in the here and now. Choose living for Jesus right now, and an eternity in Heaven for yourself today!