Have you experienced some relationship catastrophes in your life? Have one or two friends decided, for various purported reasons, to “unfriend” you? Well, I want to reassure you that you have a Friend who will NEVER treat you like that!
Jesus is your Friend who sticks closer than a brother, and He told us that He will NEVER leave us nor forsake us! (Pro 18:24; Heb 13:5) Hallelujah!!
No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. (Joh 15:15 ESV, emphasis added)
Greater love has no one than this that someone lay down his life for his friends. (Joh 15:13 ESV)
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. (Prov 17:17 ESV, emphasis added)
What kind of “friend” decides to end a relationship of many years’ standing simply because of one or two tiny incidents? Why would they not rather choose to communicate with their friend about what happened and how they felt, in order to restore harmony and unity in the relationship? This person would be a poor example of a friend.
Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Mt 28:20 NKJV) Jesus is the friend who will never leave us. He promises to be with us ALWAYS. Glory to God!
Not only are these points significant, but Jesus is a very special Friend indeed. (All verses below NKJV)
- He is our Friend who LOADS us daily with blessings and benefits (Ps 68:19).
- He gives us the desires of our hearts, as we delight in Him. (Ps 37:4)
- He gives us great and precious promises through which we be may be partakers of His divine nature. (2 Pet 1:4)
- He does whatever we ask Him to do! (When we ask in His name – Joh 14:13-14)
- In Christ Jesus, our Friend, all of God’s Biblical promises have been answered: “Yes!” and “Make it so!” (1 Cor 1:20)
- If we ask anything according to God’s will (which is His Word), we know that the Lord hears our request. And when we know that He has heard our prayer, we know that He has answered our prayer, “Yes”. (1 Joh 5:14-15)
- Jesus is our healer. (Isa 53:4-5; Mt 8:17; 1 Pet 2:24)
There is no other Friend who loves us, blesses us, and cares for us like He does!