For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Lk 12:34; Mt 6:21)
. . . but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Mt 6:20)
Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. (Lk 12:33)
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. (2 Cor 4:6-7)
The Bible tells us in 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 that the true TREASURE to be cherished above all is the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. That is the treasure that we believers carry around within us.
Do you agree with the Bible that the knowledge of God in Jesus Christ is your treasure? Or do you consider your treasure to be your physical health, physical possessions and wealth, or your earthly power and influence? I sincerely hope not. All of those things are temporary—brief and impermanent.
The “knowledge of God in Jesus Christ” means that Jesus Christ is your Savior and Redeemer. It means that you have accepted Him as your Lord. What a blessed, all-encompassing wealth Jesus imparts to all who have made Him their Savior and Lord.
Jesus is the One who:
- Heals the sick: physically, spiritually, mentally, and emotionally (that means He heals each one of us—when we need it),
- Raises the dead to life,
- Surrounds each one of us with His supernatural, miraculous, indefensible, irresistible favor as with a shield,
- Renews our youth like the eagle’s,
- Upholds and sustains our lives,
- Bestows abundant prosperity upon us,
- Makes peace between us and others because He is our Peacemaker and Advocate,
- Protects and defends us,
- Never leaves us nor fails us,
- Provides for us continuously, and
- Meets literally every need that we may have now or in the future.
The treasure that we each carry within us, of the knowledge of God through Jesus, our Savior is eternal, never-ending and undying.
It means that each one of us will have endless peace, love, and joy in the presence of our Savior now and for all eternity.
That is genuine treasure.