The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light. (Rom 13:12)
What is the armor of light? The armor of light is not made of physical materials but of moral and spiritual teachings and standards. We are children of light (Eph 5:8; Phil 2:15), and we are encouraged in the Word of God to walk in the light. (Ps 89:15; Isa 2:5; 1 Joh 1:7)
Fix your mind on the reality that the day of Christ’s second appearing—the sunrise—is quickly approaching because the dawn of Christ’s first appearing has already occurred. The forces of darkness have been defeated. Soon, they must submit entirely to the Sun of Righteousness. (Mal 4:2)
Practically speaking, how do we put on the armor of light and walk in the light? There are various facets to this topic, and I am only going to cover a handful. If this is a topic of interest to you, I encourage you to pursue studying it in more depth.
Walking in the light and wearing the armor of light includes:
- Reflecting the image of God to the world by living holy lives (Ro 13:14);
- Clothing ourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ (Gal 3:27)—corroborated by loving others as Christ does;
- Recognizing that Christ is the Light of the World (Joh 8:12, 9:5), and that His Spirit lives within each one of us. (Ro 8:10-12) Therefore, we must allow Jesus to instruct and guide our every act and every plan so that we bless others and that we, ourselves, walk in blessings;
- Walking in the light means maturing in our faith day by day as we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, and obey the Word of God.
- Following God’s teachings, living in His power, and growing in His grace.
May you be a blessing as you continue to grow and to mature in faith!