Considering the last blog article, I thought it would be timely to look at Bible verses that help us to understand how to receive a miracle when we need it or whenever someone we care about might need one. Let’s clarify our terms, first. Let’s look at the difference between a blessing and a miracle.
A blessing is unmerited favor or approval; a special favor, mercy or benefit. (Example: The blessing of living in a land of liberty. -or- The blessing of having food and shelter.)
A miracle is a supernatural phenomenon from God in an emergency or time of need; an extraordinary, welcome event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to God.
From time to time, most of us need a miracle at some point in our lives. The God whom we serve is predictable and orderly; He is forever faithful.
God doesn’t change. God always want to help us; always wants to bless us and to deliver us from evil. You can find these truths right in God’s Word. (Ps 54:4; Isa 41:10; Heb 13:8)
First, know what the Bible says to you. Meditate upon these truths from Scripture:
- And the Lord will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. (Deu 28:13) – God surrounds us with His favor at all times. He gives us the grace and ability to rule in this life.
- But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness . . . (Rom 4:5) – Our faith in Jesus Christ is our righteousness in God’s sight.
- And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:19) – God’s promises to meet ALL of our needs through Jesus Christ and our faith in Him.
- And let them say continually, “Let the Lord be magnified, Who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.” (Ps 35:27b) – God is pleased with our success and our prosperity.
- Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. (3 Joh 2) – The Lord’s desire is for us to prosper and to be healthy always.
- But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Mt 19:26, see also Mk 10:27; Lk 18:27) – All things are possible to us through our faith in Jesus Christ.
- And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (Joh 14:13) – Jesus says that He will do WHATEVER we pray for in order to bring glory to our Father God through the Son, Jesus.
- Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” (Lk 1:38) – When we ask God for something, we place our faith in God and in His Word.
The eight Bible verses shown above are only a sample of the good and precious promises that God has given to every believer. God’s Word is His will. When we ask for something in agreement with His will, we know that God WILL give us whatever we need. (1 Joh 5:14-15)
- Know what God’s Word says and understand that it is His will for you.
- Sow God’s Word into your heart by reading, memorizing, and meditating upon it daily.
- Put your faith in the Word, and ask God for what you need, based upon His Word.
- Understand that God’s answer to you is “Yes” and receive your miracle by faith right then. Have confidence that God’s Word will prevail in your life.
- Praise and thank God for hearing and answering your prayers, and expect to reap the harvest of your miracle thanks to the seed of the Word of God that you have planted in your heart.
- Do not abandon your faith or your testimony. Hold fast; do not waiver in your faith in God.
Following these guidelines should reap untold benefits and wonders. Give God all of the glory, honor, and praise, in Jesus’ holy name.