As disciples of Christ we’re called to promote peace in the world. Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace. (Isa 9:6)
What does it mean to “promote” peace? As servants of the Living God, we are directed to:
- Encourage and support,
- Sponsor and further,
- Elevate and advance peace in every circumstance and situation.
Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy. (Pro 12:20 NIV)
If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. (Lk 10:6 NIV)
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. (Ps 34:14)
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. (Mt 5:9)
Just from this small selection of Bible passages we learn that:
- Promoting peace brings joy—not only to us but to everyone involved;
- People who sponsor peace will have peace rest upon them;
- We should do good by seeking and pursuing peace; and
- All peacemakers are blessed children of God. Hallelujah!
An invitation to promote peace is given to every believer in God’s Kingdom. Let us joyfully respond to this appeal from the heart of God.