He has made everything beautiful in its time. (Ecc 3:11) All the beauty that we see in everything is a gift from God.
Naphtali is a deer let loose; he uses beautiful words. (Gen 49:21) This verse compares a person to a liberated deer, and highlights the graceful and pleasant words that this person uses. Even beautiful words (songs, poetry) are a wonderful gift from God.
And you shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God for seven days. (Lev 23:40, underscoring added) This verse demonstrates that even the beauty in nature—the world around us—proceeds from God’s generous goodness.
These verses from the Bible (and my comments upon them) are used simply to endorse the concept and display it to you, that the beauty that we see, hear, taste, and touch in this world emanates from God’s love, generosity, and goodness.
Beautiful and successful relationships are also a gift from our loving God. (Pro 13:20; 27:6, 9b)
We serve a good God who is full of lovingkindness and a desire to bless and to embrace us in beauty! Hallelujah!
There are a number of ways to worship God! Here are several mentioned in the Bible:
- Bow low and worship God (Genesis 24:26, 48; 47:31; Exodus 4:31; 12:27; 34:8; Judges 7:15)
- Arise and worship (Exodus 33:10)
- Arise early in the morning and worship (1 Samuel 1:19)
- Go to the house of the Lord and worship (2 Samuel 12:20; 2 Chron. 29:20)
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His Name. Worship the Lord in holy array. (1 Chronicles 16:29; Psalm 29:2; 96:9) Ascribe means to credit someone with something they deserve; to give recognition, acknowledgment, tribute, or acclaim. Glory means splendor, beauty, wonder, brilliance, fame, praise, success, or magnificence. So this verse instructs us to give the Lord recognition and acclaim because He deserves to receive it due to His splendor, beauty, brilliance, and wonderful attributes. We’re to offer our worship to the Lord in beautiful and holy clothing and finery!
- Bow down with your face to the ground and worship (2 Chronicles 7:3; 20:18; Nehemiah 8:6)
- Worship and give praise to the Lord saying, “Truly He is good, truly His lovingkindness is everlasting.” (2 Chronicles 7:3) Worship is essentially acknowledging all of God’s beautiful qualities and personality traits! When we acknowledge God’s righteousness, power, and holiness, and marvel in His presence—that is worship!