Greetings, friends! Here are some lessons I’ve learned along my way. These are applicable to and useful for all who have accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
- As soon as you receive an assignment from the Lord (which might come through your Pastor; the person who is your spiritual covering; or the Holy Spirit), you’re anointed to fulfill it! (Isa. 61:1; Luke 4:18) Anointed = empowered or enabled to act; set apart
- Jesus is the Lord of your spirit, soul, and body. (Acts 2:36; 1 Cor. 8:6; Phil. 2:11)
- Your anointing is sufficient for your life and your world. (2 Cor. 1:21, 22)
- We’re anointed to KNOW things. (1John 2:20)
- Decree and agree with what the Bible says about you. (Numbers 22:35, 38; Mark 11:23)
- Guard your heart. (Prov. 4:23-27; Phil. 4:7)
- Pray in the Spirit. (Romans 8:26; 1 Cor. 14:13-15; Ephes. 6:18)
- Walk in love; faith works by love. (Gal. 5:6) Daily life will test your love.
- A disciple of Christ performs signs and wonders. (Acts 2:43; 4:30; 5:12; 6:8)
- Meditation upon the Scriptures transforms our belief system! (Ps. 19:14; 49:3; Phil. 4:8; 1 Tim. 4:15)
- You are delivered from the POWER of darkness and transferred into the kingdom of Jesus Christ. (Colossians 1:13, 14)
Enjoy your extraordinary, spiritual journey, friends!
Our God has promised to give His people long life as the verses shown below demonstrate.
- You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess. (Deut 5:33 ESV)
- With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation. (Ps 91:16)
- My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. (Pro 3:1-2)
- The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short. (Pro 10:27)
- Who have been upheld by Me from birth, Who have been carried from the womb: even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. (Isa 46:3b, 4)
God enjoys blessing and protecting us for we are His people. He has given us a calling and a mission to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to make disciples. (See Mat 28:18-20 & Mk 16:15) This is HOW we are to use the long lives that He has given to us!
We’re called to be witnesses to the ends of the earth, telling others about Jesus’ atoning work on behalf of all mankind. (See Acts 1:8) Not only that, but the Lord wants us to share our own testimonies of what He has done for each one of us. We all have testimonies to share of answered prayers and miracles that God has done on our behalf.
Making disciples is all about continuing the chain of redemption by passing on the faith that was passed to you. (See Rom 10:14-15) We are all called to use our long lives wisely on behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.” (John 8:31 NKJV)
If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (John 15:7 NKJV)
According to Jesus, if we abide in His word, then we are His disciples. What does “abiding in the Word” mean?
ABIDE means: accept or act in accordance with; to conform to; bear, take.
My understanding of this is that Jesus wants us to live our lives conformed to His Word, and to base our opinions and actions upon His Word. He would like us to share His Word with those whom we meet, and those with whom we have influence.
As we carry (bear, take) the Good News of Jesus Christ everywhere with us, and share it generously with all, we will be fulfilling the commission that He has given to every believer. And according to John 15:7, as we live in this fashion, the Lord will give us the desires of our hearts. Praise God!