The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and He knows those who trust in Him. (Nah 1:7)
I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. (Joh 10:14)
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. (Pro 18:10)
But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him. (1 Cor 8:3)
Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” (2 Tim 2:19)
Our God is full of power, wisdom and knowledge. He knows when a person turns to Him with love, and when a person has put their trust in Him. To such people, God is a fortress, a good shepherd, and a place of safety.
God acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isa 64:4) What a magnificent promise!
All who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior have been given many promises in the Bible. Here are just a handful of such treasures:
- Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. (Deu 31:6)
- The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me from violence.
4 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies. (2 Sam 22:3-4)
- “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand. 30 I and My Father are one.” (Joh 10:28-30)
- The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. (Ps 23:1-5)
Let me reassure you that God knows your heart. He knows that you love Him, trust Him, and turn to Him in times of need and trouble. He will not fail you nor will He ever forsake you. He will meet your needs and fulfill His promises to you. What joyous facts to know! Hallelujah!
Here are a couple of prophetic verses from the Bible.
Violence shall no longer be heard in your land, neither wasting nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise. (Isa 60:18)
In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: “We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks. (Isa 26:1)
There is a day coming when Jesus Christ shall gather His church together, and the verses above foretell of that victorious time. There will be no need of gates or walls for protection, because the walls will be the very salvation of our God, and the “gates” that we enter will be praise unto our God. Praise opens all gates into the presence of our living God.
God has shown Himself well able to protect His people. He says that He is a wall of fire around His people.
‘For I,’ says the Lord, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.” (Zech 2:5)
God is already the glory in our midst—right now.
He is our Protector and Deliverer. (2 Sam 22:2-3; Ps 5:11; 34:17; 91:9-12; 2 Thes 3:3) As we walk with Him and obey His Word willingly, He takes care of all of our individual needs. Surely, our relationship with Jesus Christ is a fortress and a protection from evil. The walls of this fortress are called “salvation.”
Our God is a God of comfort and restoration, a God who rewards His people with abundant blessings.
Return to the stronghold, you prisoners of hope. Even today I declare that I will restore double to you. (Zech 9:12) This is speaking to people who are captives, yet because of their faith in the Lord, they have hope. God is their stronghold, their fortress, and their shield—who provides for their needs. (Nah 1:7; Ps 18:2)
“Speak comfort to Jerusalem, and cry out to her, that her warfare is ended, that her iniquity is pardoned; for she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.” (Isa 40:2) This verse says that their warfare is ended because God fights on behalf of His people. (Deut 3:22; Josh 23:10) He is the same today—He still fights for His people—for you and for me. Hallelujah!
Instead of your shame you shall have double honor, and instead of confusion they shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double; everlasting joy shall be theirs. (Isa 61:7) Our God promises that instead of shame, all who place their faith in Him shall have double honor. He also states that instead of feeling confusion, we shall rejoice over our measure of blessings from God; and in our land, we shall possess double. Double what? Double blessings and benefits from the God who is love. What a promise! What a gift from God’s loving hand!
In a spiritual sense, all unsaved people are enslaved by sin and satan. Many are not aware that they are imprisoned, yet others yearn for a way out of their state of affairs. All that they need to do is to cry out to the Lord, and He will respond by saving them.
That is true for saint and sinner: God responds to each one of us when we cry out to Him for help, deliverance, or wisdom. God is the deliverer who sets people free, and pours out His blessings upon all who trust in Him. May God bless you.
Our last article was on the topic of meditation, which included a biblical promise with it. Today, I’m going to give you suggested food or topics for meditation. I hope that they will bless you.
The Lord is my:
- Exceedingly great reward (Gen 15:1)
- Rock (Ps 18:2; 31:3; 71:3)
- Rock that is Higher than I (Ps 61:2)
- High Tower (Ps 144:2)
- Hiding Place (Ps 32:7;119:114)
- Very present help in the time of trouble (Ps 46:1)
- Intercessor (Job 16:19-21 NIV1984; Isa 59:16-17)
- Mediator (1 Tim 2:5; Heb 8:6; 9:15; 12:24)
- Advocate (1 Joh 2:1)
- Teacher (Lk 12:12; Joh 14:26; 1 Cor 2:13)
- Healer (Ex 15:26; Ps 103:3; Mt 4:23)
- Open Heaven (Joh 1:51)
- Comfort, Comforter (Ps 86:17; 2 Cor 1:3-4)
- Strength (Ps 18:1; 32)
- Fortress (Ps 18:2; 31:3; 71:3; 144:2)
- Deliverer (Ps 18:2; 40:17; 70:5)
- Shield (Ps 3:3; 18:2; 28:7; 144:2)
- Horn of my salvation (Ps 18:2)
- Stronghold (Ps 18:2)
- Redeemer (Ps 19:14; 78:35; Pro 23:11)
- Prince of Peace (Isa 9:6)
- Sun of Righteousness (Mal 4:2)
- Bright, Morning Star (Rev 22:16)
May God bless your meditations.