See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise . . . (Eph 5:15)
What does it mean to walk circumspectly? Circumspectly means: cautiously, warily, vigilantly, watchfully, guardedly, and with awareness.
So about what should we be so cautious and wary?
- Do not call upon other gods or let their names be heard on your lips. (Ex 23:13)
- Be shrewd as snakes and harmless as doves. (Mt 10:16) Shrewd means wise.
- Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature. (1 Cor 14:20)
- Conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. (Phil 1:27)
- Continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives. (Col 1:9)
- Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. (Col 4:5)
- Walk worthy of your calling. (Eph 4:1)
- Be a light in the world. (Mt 5:16)
- Allow the love of God for you, and for mankind [collectively and individually] to guide your life.
It is by faith that we see spiritual realities (Heb 11:1); but if we’re too tied into earthly or material things, it can dim our spiritual vision.
Allow your “spiritual spectacles” to stay firmly in place as you make every decision in your life, whether it’s a physical, financial, or relational matter with which you’re dealing. Trust God to lead you and guide you, and to provide grace in every season, department, and sphere of your life.
He has promised that He’ll never leave us. (Heb 13:5) He will never fail us! (Ps 89:33; Zeph 3:5)
Love never fails. (1 Cor 13:8)