As we read the Bible, we can see a consistent theme running throughout: that God desires ALWAYS to do good to His people. As we follow Christ obediently, by faith, we are one of God’s people. Furthermore, He has decreed that His throne and His kingdom shall prevail forever.
Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever. (2 Sam 7:16 NIV)
. . . 10 since the time that I commanded judges to be over My people Israel. Also I will subdue all your enemies. Furthermore I tell you that the Lord will build you a house. 11 And it shall be, when your days are fulfilled, when you must go to be with your fathers, that I will set up your seed after you, who will be of your sons; and I will establish his kingdom. 12 He shall build Me a house, and I will establish his throne forever. 13 I will be his Father, and he shall be My son; and I will not take My mercy away from him, as I took it from him who was before you. 14 And I will establish him in My house and in My kingdom forever; and his throne shall be established forever.” (1 Chron 17:10-14 NKJV)
The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. (Ps 103:19 CEB)
A throne will be established in mercy. In the tent of David a judge will sit on the throne in truth, seeking justice, eager to bring righteousness. (Isa 16:5 EHV)
Why should God’s promise to establish a throne forever be good news to us? Here are a few points for your meditation and reflection.
- God, who knows EVERYTHING, is on our side. (Ps 118:6-7 ESV; Heb 13:5)
- God, who is ALL POWERFUL, is 100% for us. (Ps 56:9b; Isa 41:10; Mt 28:20)
- God is all-wise, and He shares His wisdom with us through His word. (Ps 111:10; Pro 2:6; Lk 21:15; Jas 1:5)
- God has good plans for each one of us. (Jer 29:11; 1 Cor 2:9)
- God is our healer. (Ex 15:26; Ps 30:2; Jer 30:17; 1 Pet 2:24)
- The Lord fights for us. (Deu 3:22; 20:14; Josh 23:10)
- The Lord has given us the victory. (Deu 20:4; Rom 8:37; 1 Cor 15:57; Col 2:15; 1 Joh 5:4)
God’s plans for us are good. He not only fights on our side, but He has already given us the victory! Hallelujah!