Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Ps 23:6)
We determine that we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever and that goodness and mercy shall follow us by accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Savior and Lord. With that one decision, we also decide to accept all of the benefits and blessings of our salvation—which are unlimited!
Of course, the Bible also informs us that there will be persecution for our faith for which we must be prepared. (Mt 5:44; 10:23; Lk 21:12) But we can and should expect both, especially God’s blessings.
The blessings of salvation are many, varied, and unlimited. You truly need to study the Bible to locate all of the promised blessings, but I love to list at least some of them for people to meditate upon and to rejoice over!
- God is our shield and surpassingly great reward (Gen 15:1)
- The Lord is our healer (Ex 15:26)
- His joy is our strength (Neh 8:10)
- Jesus is our Open Heaven (Joh 1:51)
- All of God’s promises to us are answered “Yes” and “So be it” through Jesus, our Lord (2 Cor. 1:20)
- The Lord gives us a long life (Ps 91:16)
- God gives us good things to eat and renews our youth (Ps 103:5)
- God gives us an incorruptible inheritance (1 Pet 1:3-4)
- God give us eternal life. (Joh 3:15)
These are just a small handful of the benefits of trusting in God and accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. Meditate on how much God loves you, and how very much He wants to bless you every single day of your life! Hallelujah!