God has promised over and over in the Bible, that when we need to know what to say and how to give an answer for our faith, the Spirit of the Lord shall give us wise words to speak. We need to trust Him to fulfill this promise, and we must place our faith in the Lord in the moment when we are tested.
And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. (Mk 13:11 ESV)
The Spirit of the Lord spoke by me, and His word was on my tongue. (2 Sam 23:2)
Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. (Lk 21:14-15, emphasis added)
But when they deliver you up, do not worry about how or what you should speak. For it will be given to you in that hour what you should speak . . . (Mt 10:19, underlining added)
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (Jam 1:5)
When we lack wisdom, the Bible instructs us to ask God for it, and reminds us that He will answer our prayer without criticism but with abundant generosity. Hallelujah!
We need to settle it in our hearts—ahead of time—that God will supply us with wisdom in the midst of any challenging ordeal. Simply ask Him to give you the words to speak. And the wisdom that God gives to us will not be able to be opposed. (Lk 21:15) Glory to God!
Our God has promised to give His people long life as the verses shown below demonstrate.
- You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess. (Deut 5:33 ESV)
- With long life will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation. (Ps 91:16)
- My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. (Pro 3:1-2)
- The fear of the Lord prolongs life, but the years of the wicked will be short. (Pro 10:27)
- Who have been upheld by Me from birth, Who have been carried from the womb: even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. (Isa 46:3b, 4)
God enjoys blessing and protecting us for we are His people. He has given us a calling and a mission to spread the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to make disciples. (See Mat 28:18-20 & Mk 16:15) This is HOW we are to use the long lives that He has given to us!
We’re called to be witnesses to the ends of the earth, telling others about Jesus’ atoning work on behalf of all mankind. (See Acts 1:8) Not only that, but the Lord wants us to share our own testimonies of what He has done for each one of us. We all have testimonies to share of answered prayers and miracles that God has done on our behalf.
Making disciples is all about continuing the chain of redemption by passing on the faith that was passed to you. (See Rom 10:14-15) We are all called to use our long lives wisely on behalf of the Lord Jesus Christ.