Hello, and thanks for checking stopping by. The fear of man means having a concern for men’s opinions; being affected by another person’s good opinion of you; or a desire to be popular with others.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? (Psalm 118:6 NKJV)
The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe. (Proverbs 29:25 NKJV)
So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” (Hebrews 13:6 NKJV)
The one who trusts in the Lord shall be safe. Safe means secure or set on high. Don’t look for man’s approval; look for God’s approval.
He will make you secure, protected and sheltered in His love and mercy. (Ex 14:14; Ps 32:7; 46:1; Isa 54:17)
The Lord will also give you success in life. (Josh 1:8; Eccl 10:10; Ps 1:1-3; Pro 16:3; 1 Kgs 2:3) God’s opinion should be the ONLY one about which we’re concerned!
In His days the righteous shall flourish, and abundance of peace, until the moon is no more. (Ps 72:7)
This Psalm is discussing (in a highly poetic style used by the author) the future reign of Christ. It is saying that in that day, righteousness itself shall spring forth, thrive, and increase. Glory to God!
The phrase abundance of peace means that ALL needs are met for as long as the moon remains. Peace and prosperity are prominent characteristics of Christ’s reign. Imagine what a different world it will be when each and every person in it is satisfied and have their every single need met! It’s a beautiful hope.
In that day, anyone helpless or needy will be protected by the King, and oppressors who may want to ruin or injure the peace of others will be rendered powerless to harm anyone.
And it’s all thanks to our Savior, King Jesus. He is the fulfillment of all of the Old Testament prophetic scriptures about the Messiah. Because that is true, Christians have been given these things already! We are protected:
- We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him. (1 Joh 5:18, emphasis added)
- For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.’” (Lk 4:10-11)
All of our needs are met:
- . . . as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue . . . (2 Pet 1:3)
- If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. (Joh 15:7)
Righteousness is flourishing:
- But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. (Rom 3:21-22)
- But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— (1 Cor 1:30)
Meditate upon God’s “abundance of peace,” and have a beautiful day!