All who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord are children of God. Here is what the Bible says.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name . . . (Joh 1:12 NKJV)
For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, for we are also His offspring. (Act 17:28 KJV)
So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith . . . (Gal 3:26 NIV)
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. (Rom 8:14 NIV)
The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are His children. (1 Joh 3:1 NIV)
Characteristics of Children
- In Christ, we are children of God through faith. As such, we are able to feel an affectionate, devoted, and respectful confidence in our Father God.
- We know that we are greatly loved by our Father. We recognize that we are precious to Him.
- We have a spirit of ready obedience to our Heavenly Father—because of our love for Him and His love for us. We have an earnest desire to obey Him because we trust that His plans for us are totally good and always in our best interests.
Advantages that Children Receive
- We are in a loving relationship with our Father, and are continuously surrounded by His supernatural and miraculous favor.
- We are forgiven, cleansed, and free from bondage.
- We are entitled to fellowship and communion with our Father.
- Our Father gives us wise counsel and teaching by the Holy Spirit.
- Exceeding great and precious promises have been given to us by our Heavenly Dad. We are encouraged to “ask and receive so that our joy may be full.”
Trust God to pour out the benefits of salvation in Jesus Christ upon you. Because we are His children, He invites us to turn to Him and ask Him for everything that we need. Put away any timidity, and with loving trust and assurance, ask Abba Father to meet your needs right now. God bless you.